Little Noelle, bless her heart, had me in stitches the other night. She had bee n having a hard evening and the ride home from work was a bumpy one. She was fighting with her brother and sister non-stop. When we got home, she was instructed to get into her jammies, get ready for supper and be prepared for bed. So while she got her pjs on, I got her supper. She came to the table & ate. Immediately after she brushed her teeth, she came to me and asked "Why do I have to go to bed so early?!" I responded, "Noelle, you were very crabby and aggressive in the car. I gave you a warning and you didn't change your attitude. That tells me you are overtired, so you need to go to bed." She pondered this for only a moment and then said "UGH! That stupid snake!! If he hadn't talked to Eve, there would be no sin and I could stay up later!! Hmmph!" After trying desperately not to laugh, I explained to her that she is responsible for her own actions, tucked her into bed and reminded her that tomorrow is a new day.
I love the way everything is so simple in the minds of children.
1 comment:
She has point even though it is true we are responsible for our own actions.
Post a Comment